Continuing with my ultimate guide to Instagram marketing, in this post I will detail the strategies to become Instafamous. If you haven’t yet read Part – 1 then you may do so by visiting here or else continue reading for Part – 2. Chapter 4. How to
Continuing with my ultimate guide to Instagram marketing, in this post I will detail the strategies to become Instafamous. If you haven’t yet read Part – 1 then you may do so by visiting here or else continue reading for Part – 2.
Chapter 4. How to be Instafamous?
Instagram gives you enormous ‘opportunities1’ to make big bucks and to ante up your popularity on the app by sharing photos and videos. You could be a microcelebrity on Internet if you know where to strike. All it wants from you is to be in accordance with the conventions and rules it has set, a job being successfully done by 26% of Insta users and the good thing is, they are earning more than $75,000 in a year.
Once you start your business on Instagram, you will learn it very soon that it is every Instagrammer for himself meaning, you hold the sole responsibility for the success of your account.
And I don’t want you to be struggling for likes and followers on Instagram that’s why I have brought the best ideas which you can implement to ornament your account for getting more followers.
- On Insta, don’t go for doing something new every time, in fact, sometimes reformation is better than creation. You don’t have to cook a new pudding, instead, you just need to add more sugar to it so that people become crazy about your servings. How one could be able to launch something completely new against the 15 million already registered businesses on the Instagram? But as stated above, the platform has been successfully providing opportunities to its 175 million users (~ 26% of 700 million) since its launch, then it must have something crazy for you too.
And together, we will discover “How will you take advantages of that?”
Let’s first look how top businesses are running on the medium?
In honor of #NationalPotatoDay (and our Idaho roots), we're whipping up this creamy Mediterranean Ranch dip for your #potato dippers! Recipe below. #Chobani Ingredients: ½ cup @Chobani® Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt ¼ cup Mayonnaise ¼ cup Buttermilk 1 teaspoon Onion powder ½ teaspoon Garlic powder ¼ teaspoon Celery salt 1 teaspoon Lemon zest 2 teaspoon Lemon juice ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Pepper ½ tablespoon Dill, finely chopped 2 tablespoon Cucumber, peeled, small dice 2 tablespoon Roasted red bell pepper, small dice Instructions: 1. Set aside dill, cucumber, and roasted bell pepper. Combine all other ingredients in a food processor. Process ingredients for 10 seconds, or until fully food processor and pulse to incorporated. 2. Remove from processor and fold in dill, cucumber, and roasted red bell pepper.
A post from chobani, a fooding handle on Instagram
A post from Levis, an apparel handle on Insta
gopro post on Instagram
fitbit post on Instagram
The above 4 are the leading brands on Instagrams that bags millions of spectators every day. Though they all belong to different niches (if you have noticed), they are following similar trends to empower their accounts which is hashtags, lucid descriptions about the post and much more, which I will discuss one by one in coming chapters.
Chapter 5. How To Grow Your Followers On Instagram?
Social media accounts revolve around the number of likes and followers you get. On Insta too, it is advisory to keep followers ratio always higher than followings. We need followers to attract more followers and we need likes on our posts to influence more people to like us.
But why on this earth new users will follow you? Your sound profile can be among one of the factors, still, how long this single bastion reinforce your follower’s growth, your account needs more nourishment to get the desired number of followers.
In the beginning, it can be pretty disheartening for you if you won’t get overwhelming responses from users. You find people disregarding your hard work and all you want from them is to give you a chance to serve them. But you have to understand, if they are already connected with some other brand of your niche then why would they give your brand a trial?
I also wandered for potential customers in my starting years but with my zealous efforts, today I am running my business successfully on Instagram. In fact, each day I failed, I devised a new secret to win. And below, I am sharing my all secrets with you which you won’t find elsewhere.
- Do Sentiment Analysis.
- Opt Flexible Instagram Marketing Strategy Building.
- Follow then Unfollow Users.
- Hone your Business Profile.
- Nail it with Proper Posting Habits.
* Embed Popular Hashtags on your Posts.
* Make your posts informative or interrogative to increase engagement on your posts.
* Post regularly and on the appropriate time.
* Narrate your extravagant or unusual experiences with your followers via stories.
* Post motivational, educational, inspiring and humorous quotations that touch people’s sentiments.
* Organise Contests and offers to entice users.
* Add trending captions in your posts.
- Use visuals.
* Posts high definition and clear images.
* Use filters to make photos pleasing to eyes.
- Keep an eye on Competitor’s strategies for market analysis.
- Abide Instagram Rules and Regulations.
- Connect with Popular Instagrammers and adhere what they do.
# Sentiment Analysis.
‘Sentiment analysis2’, also known as Opinion Mining is another aspect of artificial intelligence called as emotion AI. It is a method to deduce user’s reactions and perceptions on a particular thing or in a situation. This helps us to know what majority have their notions about a thing.
How to Do Sentiment Analysis On Insta?
Think, search and then Post.
Before you post any picture, take a moment and think, will it hurt sentiments of any community or create rage in them? If not, then only post it.
Post Personable Pictures.
How great it would be if your posts bring a smile on someone’s face or inspire a teen to study hard or console someone with a broken heart. Your one lively picture can show light to thousands of people. So doesn’t matter what your brand is about, it must be soul-stirring.
Keep a balance between personal and professional stuff.
It wouldn’t be nicer if you keep telling your audience about the Lamborghini or diamond ring you gifted to your wife on Christmas but, if you show them how your little son made his first paper boat, then even if it is not related to your niche, will help you a lot to connect with them. But please don’t just post your personal pictures as it will show you as a self-absorbed personality.
Resources for Opinion Mining:
Viewer’s feedbacks, likes, comments, active participation in a contest, reviews, number of shares on a post are the resources which one can use for sentiment analysis.
Integrating sentiments along with objectives of posts is a pure and simple reason why some posts cross hilltops.
# Flexible Instagram Marketing Strategy Building.
No matter what height you want to touch, strategy building is preparatory. It refers to drawing a rough sketch of your plans regarding its usage and aftermaths. I made strategy while selecting my niche, I made it for getting more followers also and believe me I make it every day.
Because in social media the only thing which is constant is ‘change’. A new change will upside down your entire previous strategy. So always allow some space for modifications in your strategy.
Build your strategy on the basis of:
- Your offline competitor’s data.
Reason- Why would people go online if they find it in less price offline
- Insights from other social media.
- Insights collected from other user’s accounts on Instagram.
Instagram Marketing strategy is an inevitable part which is required to sustain or gain brand’s hyper-competitive momentum in the market.
Remember whatever you do or planning to do is a part of Instagram Marketing Strategy. You can do the entire work manually or can use automated services or scrapers for getting insights. However, I recommend you to use automated services because they are superb in saving your time, money and efforts.
# Follow and then Unfollow Users.
Yes, you read it right. In fact, this could be one of the best strategies to grow your followers. First, start following targeted or less targeted users (following users who have no relation with your niche is of no use) then when you get the desired number of followers, start unfollowing those who are less frequent on your account.
How this helps you?
When you start following tens of thousands of people, probabilities are, they in return start following you back in courtesy. But don’t go ape over following people as Instagram allows you to follow only 1000 accounts in 24 hours, that’s why I recommend you to keep your followings approx 800-850 in a 24-hour time span.
How does It work?
If you follow 800 people in a day and are getting at least 80 followers back, in a month you will have 2400 followers and the number will increase on…
The next step you need to follow is to start unfollowing them wisely as some might find it offensive.
On what basis you should Unfollow them?
- Those who in return did not opt to follow you back.
- Those who are irrelevant to your niche.
- Those who like you enough to be with you in any way.
# Hone Your Business Profile.
We have talked about the steps to create an Instagram profile which is as sound as dollars in our former parts, ‘How To Get Started Your Business On Instagram?’ however, in this section, we will look further into ways to hone your business profile such that you end up with more followers each day. As we already know the profile section is comprised of 4 parts, Profile picture, username, display name, and Bio. We need to work on each component specifically to get the desired followers.
# Difference between Username and Display Name.
This two terms often lack user’s apprehension. So I decided to give you detailed ‘differentiation3’ about this also.
Username: It acts as an account Identifier. Username is used to visit any user’s Insta Profile.
- Usernames must be unique of each account because it is used to identify accounts on the Internet.
- Usernames can be edited by going in Profile settings —–>Account Tab——–>Username (field).
- You can log into an account by using either a registered email address or username.
- Having a related username is beneficial for your account visibility.
- We cannot put spaces between the two words in the username, however, we can separate them with underscores.
Whereas Display Name Is:
The name that appears after user’s comments or on the profile page.
- Display Names need not be unique meaning two users can run their account with similar display names but their usernames must be dissimilar.
- Users can edit display name by going to Profile Settings—–> Profile Tab——>Name (field).
- It is used to identify users in thread conversations.
- Having an accordant display name is beneficial for your profile visibility.
- We can put spaces between the two words in the display name.
Above is the profile of nytfood, nowhere ‘nytfood’ is its username and ‘NYT Food’ is a brand name. You will also find an URL and other details clearly from this sneak peek to the profile.
Likewise, you can also create a profound description of your brand by adhering following tips:
- Be Honest in your Bio- Your bio is meant to give information about your brand to the users, so don’t overcommit in the bio section. Be particular with what your brand serves and make sure whatever you say about your offerings and services, are true.
- Add URL in your profile- The only destination to link users with your other social media pages on Instagram is to add links in your profile. You can add clickable links to your website or other sites, beneath the bio description. This will help users to connect with your brand directly via your Insta account.
- Keep Changing URLs- Just like, you don’t want to travel same roads every time, your viewers too want to travel different places via URL mentioned at your profile. You can change URLs as often you want to allow followers explore various sites of your niche. You can also link generic sites to let users know more about your niche. But frequent URL changes may cause account ban. Whereas you can avoid the account ban by using a domain name forward. You can keep the same URL in your Instagram profile Bio and through your domain provider you can change the destination of that particular link points to. So, instead of using URLs like http://bit.ly/2xPEKWy or https://goo.gl/1oJ28k you can keep more branded URL like instagram.brand.com, brand.com/instagram, or brand.link that points to whatever you’ve referenced in your recent Instagram post.
- Add CTAs before Links- This will help users to know what they would get at the given site, suppose if it is linked to your Youtube account, you could write, ‘explore our videos at website name’ or if it is an informative link, you could say, ‘To know more click here’. This gives users an idea about what kind of information, the trailing link will give you.
- Pick a Consistent Profile Picture- Along with what you select to make your profile picture (brand logo or anything else), also pay notice to image sizings. Instagram displays profile pictures in a circle shape, that’s why a poorly sized image or one which couldn’t display properly in a circle shape can hamper picture’s visibility. And why will users go in when they won’t get any idea about the brand at the very first look?
- Resist using words like ‘Official, Promotional’- Since Bio section are limited to 150 characters, omit using superfluous words. Viewers themselves will figure out the authenticity and nature of your account by looking at your profile. So instead of wasting bio space on writing ‘Official Account’ create a profile that looks like official.