Do you want to give more visibility to your business? Want to have more direct contact with the world around you and get immediate feedback about your activities? Do you want to use Instagram to broadcast your company but you’re not sure of its real usefulness?
Do you want to give more visibility to your business? Want to have more direct contact with the world around you and get immediate feedback about your activities? Do you want to use Instagram to broadcast your company but you’re not sure of its real usefulness? Here’s a post that tells you what Instagram is, what its advantages are and some advice on how to use it within an SME, as well as a rundown of the final applications to increase their reach.
Instagram is a free application that allows you to take pictures from your device and share them instantly on the platform and on other social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr etc.). Instagram was initially available only on the computer, however the app was launched in October 2010; today it is compatible with any device and was bought by Mark Zuckerberg (co-founder of Facebook) in 2012 for $ 1 billion.
It is a type of application that is addressed to different categories of users, ranging from the most common photo enthusiast who shares his amateur shots, the fashion blogger who takes pictures during the most glamorous events of the moment to showcases their products better to the international brand. To catalyze the most of their marketing efforts, advertisers and big brands take into account mainly of demographic data relating to various social networks. According to statistics of GlobalWebIndex, users of Instagram, along with those of YouTube and Tumblr, are on average younger, mostly in the age group between 16 and 24 years. In contrast, Facebook and Twitter have a greater number of users of an age range between 25 and 34 years.
Today when we talk about online marketing strategies for a Small Business, we cannot step aside the use of social networks. Social media not only allow you to approach more precisely to their target customers and monitor them more closely, but they allow you to interact directly with them: in this way the company manages to establish relationships more profitable and lasting with consumers. In recent years, Instagram seems to have become the must-have asset for social media marketing, bypassing even the most well-known Facebook and Twitter. This is because often a photo known to be far more evocative and persuasive than just text content. Also, it does not underestimate the role of the hashtag that give an additional description to the image and allows it to be tracked and displayed by a larger number of users who are not only their followers.
1. Introduce yourself: Namely, to choose a name and an image of the appropriate profile and easily recognizable from old and new friends. Instagram also from the opportunity to present themselves in 150 characters, so it is essential to choose a clear message, yet appealing, especially for the user who discovers your company for the first time.
2. To show their products: Instagram can become a catalog, a showcase of products that an SME provides is important to choose the best photo that enclose the essence and characteristics of the product, as well as being of good quality. You can also use automation tools like Gramdominator to manage multiple Instagram profiles at a time
3. Show the behind the scenes: Namely how and where products are made, for example with a series of pictures representing the first, during and after work. But not only the products. Even meetings with staff or meetings with clients is important to record and share as much as possible what lies behind a work.
4. Let the employees know: It is important to remind users that behind the Instagram profile there are real people, not a computer, that’s why upload photos of the employees is a good idea. A photo while they work, while chatting with each other or while having lunch. This allows you to strengthen relations between companies and client which will create a feeling of closeness.
5. Show the office: The followers are not only curious about the people but also to know where they work: as are the offices, their location, the decor, but above all the atmosphere of the environment that can often perceive already from the image.
6. Create unique content: It is important that their followers feel special and let them know in preview of a new feature is a great way to do it. Also create contests with prizes to be won, perhaps asking to share a picture with a particular hashtag, it is an idea that is very popular.